[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Continuing comments on Draft 11
- To: jonl@lucid.COM
- Subject: Re: Continuing comments on Draft 11
- From: Gregor Kiczales <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 2 Nov 1990 10:57:17 PST
- Cc: mop@arisia.Xerox.COM
- Fake-sender: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: "Jon L White's message of Thu, 1 Nov 1990 22:07:46 PST <9011020607.AA20880@caligula>"
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 1990 22:07:46 PST
From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
[First, some points of continuing interchage with your recent message;
then two new comments on Draft 11. I will have more new comments at a
later time, hopefully before Nov 15.]
Note that the November 15th date is of particular importance for the
gray volume (part 1). While the pink volume (part 2) is important---it
delivers the details of (much of) one MOP design---part 1 is really more
now. Given that we are no longer trying to establish a standard, but
rather trying to deliver the results of a useful piece of work, the
explanations of concepts and background in part 1 are of more lasting
value than the details of a particular design.
Which is not to say that I don't want to try and improve the existing
design. I do, and I appreciate all the feedback people are giving.