[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
need inexpensive graphics package
Date: 24 August 1987 10:55 pdt
From: Doug Ruth <RUTH at SRI-ROBOTX.ARPA>
Does anyone have any knowledge of an inexpensive or public domain graphics
package for the Symbolics which can generate, modify and store
three-dimensional objects. The requirements are fairly basic:
- have both an interactive and programatic interface.
- be able to generate an object from lists of vertices, edges, and
- specify the position and orientation of multiple objects in world
coordinates and display them simultaneously.
- specify camera attributes such as focal length (zoom) and angle and
point of view.
- handle clipping adequately.
Any leads will be appreciated.
Symbolics sells a product called S-Geometry which does all of this and
more. It is everything you want except inexpensive.