Re: Bundling of layered software

    Date: Thu, 22 Mar 90 10:05:17 EST
    From: buff%pravda@gatech.edu (Richard Billington)

    I think RDP's point is that there are some products which are clearly special-purpose
    (Macsyma and S-products and Joshua) while there are others which are more like other
    extensions to the standard programming environment (concordia - better documentation
    facilities for your code; statice - databases are, in my opinion, something everyone
    uses, although usually they do it by cobbling together something out of textfiles and

It is not clear to me that Macsyma, the S-products, and Joshua are any more
special purpose than Concordia and Statice.  In fact at my site many people
use Macsyma, the S-products and Joshua, while pretty much nobody uses
Concordia or Statice.  One's idea about what tools are important depends on
how one uses Lisp Machines.