[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PRETTY PRINTER
- To: Rees at YALE
- Subject: Re: PRETTY PRINTER
- From: John R. Ellis <Ellis at YALE>
- Date: Mon ,9 Nov 82 02:28:00 EDT
- Cc: Mcdermott at YALE, T-Discussion at YALE
- In-reply-to: Jonathan Rees <Rees at YALE-RES>, Monday, 8 November 1982 21:32-EST
I have a paper about Dick Waters' pretty printer which someone
might want to look at. The code for it is online somewhere.
It has received high praise from some quarters. Features include:
handles circular structure, PRINLEVEL and PRINLENGTH, and is
user-extensible in a moderately clean way.
ELLISP users are quite happy with it as the default printer (at least
the ones I've talked to). It makes a real difference having a pretty
printer as the default printer.