[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: Ashwin Ram <Ram@YALE.ARPA>
- Subject: Re: output_streams
- From: Charles Dolan <cpd@UCLA-LOCUS>
- Date: Thu ,7 Mar 85 20:32:58 EDT
- Cc: t-users@YALE.ARPA
- In-reply-to: Message of Tue, 5 Mar 85 12:28:16 EST from "Ashwin Ram <Ram@YALE.ARPA>" <8503051758.AA22476@YALE-BULLDOG.YALE.ARPA>
Setting the LINE-LENGTH of a stream doesn't seem to work. I solved the
problem by constructing my own steam object around the stream I wanted
to set the LINE-LENGTH for. Here is an aproximation to the code.
(DEFINE (MAKE-NEW-STREAM STREAM)
(LET ((LL (LINE-LENGTH STREAM)))
((WRITE-CHAR SELF CHAR) (WRITE-CHAR STREAM CHAR))
((LINE-LENGTH SELF) LL)
(((SETTER LINE-LENGTH) SELF V) (SET LL V)))))
The if you want you can switch (STANDARD-OUTPUT) to that.