Re: problems with CLX on SGI 4D

Your message:

    In trying to get CLX to work with Allegro CL on a Silicon Graphics 4D
    Personal Iris, I noticed that I could only achieve success if I left
    the files 'display.cl', 'requests.cl' and 'input.cl' uncompiled (i.e,
    just loaded the source instead of the fasl).  If I use the fasl files
    instead of the source, various functions such as 'open-display' hang
    indefinitely.  I used the excldefsys.cl file to build the system and I
    found these three files to be the culprits.  Has anyone gotten CLX to
    work properly with this architecture?  Also, does this sound like a
    compiler bug or is it some strange system related problem?

--------

Can you tell me which versions of CLX and Allegro CL you are using?  We have
not seen or heard of the problem you describe.

Thanks,

	-- John Irwin
	   Franz Inc.