Re: Debugger help

>> In many cases, the predicates to trace options need to get their hands
>> on actual parameters, local variables and return values.
>>
>> I don't see any documented way of dealing with this, but I was able to
>> throw together the following function that seems to reliably grab the
>> actual arguments to the function being traced as an example of what I
>> am requesting:
>>
>> (defun trace-frame-actuals ()
>>   (loop for frame first (excl::newest-frame) then (excl::next-older-frame frame)
>> 	repeat 6
>> 	finally (return (debugger:frame-get-actuals frame))))

True, this is a needed feature.

>> Also, I tried using :evalmode without much success:
>>
>> [1] <cl> :evalmode :context t
>>
>> [1] <cl> net
>> Error: Attempt to take the value of the unbound symbol NET
>> [1] <cl> :pop
>> Previous error: Attempt to take the value of the unbound symbol NET
>> [1] <cl> :zoom
>>
>> The questions here are why it didn't find the binding for the variable
>> NET and why didn't it increment the break level number?

A malformed feature, and in fact it was undocumented (read
"documentation removed") in the last release.  In the future it will
be better defined and fixed.

>> Allegro is a great product.

Thanks.

>> Is it a trademark?

Yes.

>> We noticed a product for the Macintosh offered under the same name.

Yes, this is from Coral Software.  We (Coral and Franz) jointly market
Allegro CL on the Apple Macintosh.

	Kevin