[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
destructive mode line
- To: "Michael J. Konopik" <ZZZ@sri-nic.arpa>
- Subject: destructive mode line
- From: "Frank J. Wancho" <WANCHO@wsmr-simtel20.army.mil>
- Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1989 02:28 MDT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, WANCHO@wsmr-simtel20.army.mil
Let me quess: First of all, the problem only occurs on terminals which
have the Insert Character feature. Second, you are probably running a
clock on your modeline, and third, you are running a version of EMACS
which uses the smart TEXTI% jsys. What happens to me is that cursor
motion commands end up transparently being inserted into the buffer
and aren't seen until the line or scrren is refreshed. This is
particularly annoying when I find a ^V has been inserted while I'm
scanning the buffer.
I have only uneducated guess as to what is happening.