[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
destructive mode line
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: destructive mode line
- From: "Michael J. Konopik" <ZZZ@sri-nic.arpa>
- Date: Tue, 30 May 89 13:30:36 PDT
Apologies up front if this turns out to be a tty controller problem instead
of an EMACS one...
I'm running EMACS on 20x with a (Zenith) Z29 tty. If I'm unfortunate enough
to be typing at the same time that the mode line is getting updated, two bad
1) One or more characters that were being typed at the critical time
are not echoed to the screen. Redisplaying the line in question,
though, reveals that they *do* make it into the buffer. This part
2) Occasionally a ^Q gets inserted into the input stream. This is
obviously (?) something trying to perform XON/XOFF control and
Problem 1 happens in both Zenith and Ansi modes. I haven't seen 2 happen
in Ansi mode yet (though it MAY) - so it could be related to the problem
I've had in Zenith mode where scrolling the buffer can generate XOFF's.
I really don't know enough about EMACS to speculate on the source of
Anybody recognize either of these symptoms? Anything I can do to fix 'em?
(solutions that don't involve switching tty types or editors preferred!)