[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: sra@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU
- Subject: EMACS
- From: Rocket J. Squirrel <RASPUZZI@TOPS20.DEC.COM>
- Date: Mon 2 Nov 87 13:12:29-EST
- Resent-date: Mon 2 Nov 87 13:12:37-EST
- Resent-from: Rob Austein <SRA@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Resent-message-id: <12347443450.28.SRA@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU>
- Resent-to: bug-emacs@XX.LCS.MIT.EDU
My name is Mike Raspuzzi. I work for the TOPS-20 monitor group
at Digital Equipment Corp. I have a couple of EMACS questions. Your
name appears on the sources and I thought you would be the person
I noticed that EMACS does some hand waving to obtain the directory
for finding the personal EMACS.INIT file of the user. Can you change
this so that it uses the GETJI% JSYS to slam the login directory
into HSNAME? We have done so for our EMACS but other people may
want this feature.
This question is a little more along a major enhancement type question.
Is it possible to have EMACS use the SMAP% JSYS to map its buffers
into extended space? This would allow for more than 4 or 5 buffers of
good sized files. Is this improvement asking a lot?
LSBU Software Engineering
TOPS-20 monitor group