[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
VT100 TECTRM bug
- To: BUG-TECO@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU
- Subject: VT100 TECTRM bug
- From: "Frank J. Wancho" <WANCHO@SIMTEL20.ARPA>
- Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1986 11:43 MST
- Cc: BUG-EMACS@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU, BUG-BABYL@MC.LCS.MIT.EDU
In BABYL and ZBABYL on a VT100 or similar terminal, a "Q" or ^X^Z
leaves the cursor at the top of an uncleared screen instead of the
bottom, as intended.
In some versions of TECTRM.MID, somebody got over zealous and "fixed"
VT1INI ("FORCE ANSII [sic] MODE") to include an ORIGIN reset sequence,
"$[?6l". This has the side effect of overriding any previous curpos
sequence and put the cursor at the top of the screen.
A "quick fix" is to remove the ORIGIN reset sequence, which is
patchable in TECPUR.EXE. The "correct" (untested) fix would be to
envelope the ORIGIN mode reset with a Save Cursor and Restore Cursor
sequence, resulting in: $<$7$[?6l$8 .