[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Cure worse than disease
- To: groening@Pescadero, mann@Pescadero
- Subject: Cure worse than disease
- From: Joseph I. Pallas <pallas@Pescadero>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 84 10:02:46 pst
- Cc: bug-emacs@score, nowicki@Pescadero
I made a version of the VGTS that respected the VT100 scroll region on
linefeeds. It works fine. However, when I tried to use it with Emacs
on a TOPS-20, I discovered something unfortunate--Emacs would set the
scrolling region to be lines 1-24, because it thought the terminal type
was VT100. It left the region as 1-24 on exit, but the OS still believed
the terminal had 28 lines, and did its paged-output magic accordingly.
Result: top four lines of every page scroll off the pad. This, I think,
is not good.