[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: JPG at MIT-MC, ELLEN at MIT-MC, (BUG LISP) at MIT-MC, JM at MIT-MC
- To: MRG at MIT-MC, RWK at MIT-MC
- From: BEE at MIT-MC (Bruce E. Edwards)
- Date: Fri, 23 Jun 78 21:44:00 GMT
- Original-date: 23 JUN 1978 1744-EDT
Can we put an end to this inane discussion. I propose a solution, and people
can complain to me if they disagree.
1) the lisp that the current macsyma is dumped in has a pointer to it
as ts MLISP on sys2;
2) when a macsyma is dumped, the function that reads in the fasl's that
comprise the macsyma are copied to the MFASL; directory which will
3) There is a loader function that loads all the fasls from the MFASL
directory. This makes it simple to bring up the "OLD MACSYMA" in
a new lisp as soon as it is ascertained to win.
I believe this meets all peoples' points, and should not cause any
inconvenience to JPG.