[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: ERRLIST: Does it really claim to do that?
- To: kmp at MIT-MC, gjs at MIT-AI
- Subject: Re: ERRLIST: Does it really claim to do that?
- From: Guy.Steele at CMU-10A
- Date: Thu, 8 Jan 81 20:02:00 GMT
- Cc: bug-lisp at MIT-MC
- In-reply-to: Kent M. Pitman's message of 8 Jan 81 14:01-EST
- Original-date: 8 January 1981 1502-EST (Thursday)
I believe the precise story is that the ERRLIST is evaluated
*after* unwinding the bindings, but the list of forms to be
evaluated is the value of the variable ERRLIST *before* the
unwinding. That is, it "works" to lambda-bind ERRLIST.
This is the purpose of the variable //, which is used as
a buffer during this unwinding process.