[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Good Zwei idea.
- To: David A. Moon <Moon at SCRC-TENEX>
- Subject: Good Zwei idea.
- From: Philip Greenspun <philg at SCRC-QUABBIN>
- Date: Mon ,12 Mar 84 18:21:00 EDT
- Cc: Jeffrey N Eisen <JNE at MIT-OZ>, BUG-ZWEI at MIT-OZ
- In-reply-to: The message of 11 Mar 84 17:50-EST from David A. Moon <Moon at SCRC-TENEX>
Date: Sunday, 11 March 1984, 17:50-EST
From: David A. Moon <Moon at SCRC-TENEX>
A good question is whether the c-sh-E command in the editor should set
the variables + and *. I guess there are arguments both ways.
Here's one vote in favor of setting + and *. Setting + isn't going to
make anyone scream because of our winning new input history. People
seem to use * most immediately after typing something at a lisp listener
and therefore I don't think most people would complain if * weren't the
same after coming back to the break window. If anyone really cares,
they can use System-L instead of "Suspend". If we do this, I think it
should be made apparent in the online documentation for c-sh-E.