status

This is my status file. Please mail any corrections you have.

 I don't think we've made very good progress. The only issue that I've
seen resolution on since our meeting before X3J13 is
FLET-IMPLICIT-BLOCK.

I think we can re-release COMPILER-WARNING-STREAM ( Version 3),
DEFVAR-INITIALIZATION (Version 3), FORMAT-ATSIGN-COLON (Revision 3),
IMPORT-SETF-SYMBOL-PACKAGE (Revision 3)

I think we are near completion on these, but they need writing work
*SOON*:
DEFVAR-INIT-TIME, DO-SYMBOLS-DUPLICATES (Revision 1),
GET-SETF-METHOD-ENVIRONMENT, FORMAT-OP-C (revision 1), FUNCTION-TYPE
(revision 2), IF-BODY (Version 4), KEYWORD-ARGUMENT-NAME-PACKAGE
(Version 1), PRINC-CHARACTER:WRITE-CHAR

The rest seem further from general agreement of the form of the
proposal.

ADJUST-ARRAY-NOT-ADJUSTABLE
	Submitted by KMP 22-Apr-87
	comment from Moon, JonL 24-Apr

ADJUST-ARRAY-DISPLACEMENT (revision 1)
	Revision 1 by SEF, 18-Apr-87
	Comment by Moon 21 Apr 87

AREF-1D
	Submitted 22-Apr-87 by KMP
	Discussion about name of function, addition of ROW-MAJOR-INDEX
function, etc.
	ROW-MAJOR-AREF in clarifications

ASSOC-RASSOC-IF-KEY
	Submitted 22-Apr-87 by KMP

COMPILER-WARNING-BREAK (revision 2)
	not Released.
	Questions on interaction with condition proposal.
	remailed 7-apr-87
	SEF suggested KMP should work on.

COMPILER-WARNING-STREAM (Revision 4)
	Rev 3 was released
	Version 4, submittted by SEF
	Decided to revert to previous version,
	  consider DRIBBLE as a separate item.
	  Need to add DRIBBLE note in Discussion.

DEFVAR-INITIALIZATION (Revision 3)
	Released
	remailed 7-apr-87
	(final form)

DEFVAR-INIT-TIME
	Submitted 23-Apr-87, Version 1 by Pitman

DO-SYMBOLS-DUPLICATES (Revision 1)
	mailed 7-apr-87
	Revision 1 by SEF 17-apr
	Not released, in discussion
	Questions "is it really inefficient to require non-duplicates?" Add
more arguments?

ENVIRONMENT-ARGUMENTS (revision 1)
	SEF summarized issues 18-Apr
	Decided to separate again and:
	 Approve GET-SETF-METHOD-ENVIRONMENT
	 drop MACRO-FUNCTION-ENVIRONMENT
		 ("merely adding an optional argument to macro-function is not
enough")
	 discuss SPECIAL-FORM-SHADOW

FLET-IMPLICIT-BLOCK (Revision 5)
	Discussion & agreement on cl-cleanup.
	revision by Fahlman, 17-Apr-87 to cl-cleanup

FORMAT-ATSIGN-COLON (Revision 3)
	Released.
	(final form, mailed 17-Apr-87)

FORMAT-OP-C (revision 1)
	Discussed and agreed, final form not yet available
	(with Moon's amendment)
	Need volunteer.

FUNCTION-TYPE (revision 2)
	General agreement on basic proposal.
	Wording to be worked out.
	Mailed 17-Apr-87
	Fahlman volunteered to revise & run by RPG

GC-MESSAGES (version 1)
	Submitted by Pitman 23-Apr-87
	Discussion "a little short-sighted"?

IF-BODY (Version 4)
	General agreement to recommend against.
	Final form not yet available.
	Version 4 mailed by KMP , 19-Apr-87
	KMP to produce a new version which Scott will think is balanced

IGNORE-ERRORS
	Discussed and agreed, final form not yet available
	(LMM: Some objections, defer to error/signal committee?)
	Need volunteer.

IMPORT-SETF-SYMBOL-PACKAGE (Revision 3)
	Released
	Should remove confusing "To further clarify: " which is
	about INTERN and not IMPORT.

KEYWORD-ARGUMENT-NAME-PACKAGE (Version 1)
	Submitted by Moon 20 Apr 87.
	Discussion: justification with examples or reference needed before
		releasing to X3J13
		"I'm sure you've got a good reason for proposing this,
		and I'd like some indication of what it is."

PEEK-CHAR-READ-CHAR-ECHO
	Agreed to be controversial
	Need volunteer to summarize positions.

PRINC-CHARACTER:WRITE-CHAR
	Discussed and agreed, final form not yet available
	(write-char choice)
	Need volunteer.

PROMPT-FOR
	Agreed to be controversial
	Need volunteer to summarize positions.

REMF-DESTURCTION-UNSPECIFIED
	Not discussed
	Need volunteer to check over, lead discussion.

SEQUENCE-FUNCTIONS-EXCLUDE-ARRAYS
	(Should FIND, SUBSTITUTE etc work on multi-dimensional arrays?)
	Tabled, a subset which deals with only those functions that
	don't work in positions will be separated out.
	Need volunteer.

SHARPSIGN-BACKSLASH-BITS
	No general agreement (the meeting notes read "we cringed")
	Need volunteer to summarize positions.

SHARPSIGN-PLUS-MINUS-NUMBER
	Discussed, without general agreement.
	Need volunteer to summarize positions.

SHARPSIGN-PLUS-MINUS-PACKAGE
	Discussed, without general agremenet.
	Need volunteer to summarize positions.

TAILP-NIL
	Received but not discussed
	Need volunteer to lead discussion, summarize positions.

UNWIND-PROTECT-CLEANUP-NON-LOCAL-EXIT
	Discussed and agreed at meeting, final form not yet available
	Moon forwards Hornig msg pointing some problems 23-Apr-87