barrage of mail coming

Stay tuned for a barrage of mail; I've been trying to get the open
proposals into a form that we can ship. I will send out new copies of
several proposals where I've made minor (or in a few cases major) edits
to incorporate comments on this list.

You will get:

Revised versions of many of the proposals (at least up thru
PATHNAME-SYMBOL today)

A revised status report (ditto)

A ***BALLOT***.   Most of the ballot items are of the form:

[ ] Release as is  [ ] Comments follow in mail to cl-cleanup.

Most of this is just double checking to make sure that the silent
members of the committee really agree even if they haven't responded.