Re: Issue: FUNCTION-TYPE (version 4)

I don't like the current, 'concession to backward compatibility' which
allows apply, mapcar etc. to accept things which are not functionp.  I
bet the amount of code which would be affected by this change is small,
and if we decide to make it now, vendors can make their systems warn
about it for a while, so the transition should not be too painful.

Face it, more code is going to be written than has already been written,
lets look to the future, not the past.

Now if only this argument could sway the Lisp-1 issue...