Issue: FUNCTION-TYPE (version 4)

    Date: 29 May 87 21:18 PDT
    From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM

    Even though there is a predicate FUNCTIONP, it is not synonomous to the
    use of the type FUNCTION; the FUNCTION type cannot be used for
    discrimination.

I don't think that's true.  I believe CLtL p.47 is meant to say that a
list type-specifier with FUNCTION in the car cannot be used for
discrimination, while Table 4-1 combined with CLtL p.72 indicates that
the symbol type-specifier FUNCTION can be used with TYPEP.  I would
simply remove this paragraph from the proposal.  Later in the proposal
you have an explicit statement that the symbol type-specifier FUNCTION
can be used for discrimination.

    This proposal removes the predicate
    COMPILED-FUNCTION-P from the standard language.

If it also removes the COMPILED-FUNCTION type-specifier, say so here.