[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[remailed] Re: APPEND-DOTTED
- To: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- Subject: [remailed] Re: APPEND-DOTTED
- From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 22 Sep 87 12:52 PDT
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>'s message of Mon, 27 Jul 87 13:02 EDT
- Line-fold: no
(I'm *finally* back on CL-Cleanup related work; we must hustle to get stuff out for the meeting. Sorry.)
In current practice, Xerox Common Lisp and Kyoto Common Lisp signal errors on the proposed test case (both interpreted and compiled.)
There are notes in the ISSUES.TXT file:
The doc for APPEND should be clarified to warn the user that APPEND
can return a non-list, e.g. (append '() t) => t.
Also, the doc for NCONC should be clarified so that NCONC behaves
analogously to APPEND when its last argument is an atom.
Should this be added to this proposal?