DECLARE-MACROS (Version 1)

I have suggested on several occasions that we eliminate macro ->
declaration expansion, and I still think that this would be a good idea.
It would have been an even better idea if it had happened earlier, but
my time machine has been confiscated by the reality police, so I can't
do much about that.

I think that there are several bits of hair in the language spec that we
added because of this "feature" and that we could flush if it goes away
-- environment args in various places, etc.  It may be best to let these
things live on, however.

-- Scott