[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DECLARE-MACROS (Version 1)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@SCRC-STONY-BROOK.ARPA>
- Subject: DECLARE-MACROS (Version 1)
- From: "Scott E. Fahlman" <Fahlman@C.CS.CMU.EDU>
- Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1987 15:24 EDT
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: Msg of 22 Oct 1987 10:41-EDT from Kent M Pitman <KMP at STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Sender: FAHLMAN@C.CS.CMU.EDU
I have suggested on several occasions that we eliminate macro ->
declaration expansion, and I still think that this would be a good idea.
It would have been an even better idea if it had happened earlier, but
my time machine has been confiscated by the reality police, so I can't
do much about that.
I think that there are several bits of hair in the language spec that we
added because of this "feature" and that we could flush if it goes away
-- environment args in various places, etc. It may be best to let these
things live on, however.