SEQUENCE-FUNCTIONS-EXCLUDE-ARRAYS (Version 3)

I'm in favor of this (the GENERALIZE option, that is).  While I don't
think this is super-important, I do think that it is useful.  Some of
the earlier impression of luke-warmness may have been due to the earlier
inclusion of two different options; I remember thinking that we should
adopt one or the other, but that I was indifferent as to which option
won.

I'm not sure about item 2 in the proposal: extending MAKE-SEQUENCE to
take an array specifier.  That seems confusing to me.  On the other
hand, I have never had occasion to use MAKE-SEQUENCE, so I don't care
too much about how far we stretch it.

-- Scott