[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
DECLARE-MACROS (Version 1)
- To: Kent M Pitman <KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Subject: DECLARE-MACROS (Version 1)
- From: David A. Moon <Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
- Date: Mon, 9 Nov 87 13:53 EST
- Cc: CL-Cleanup@SAIL.STANFORD.EDU
- In-reply-to: <871022104113.0.KMP@RIO-DE-JANEIRO.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
This looks ready to release, with two minor wording corrections:
certain efficiency problems in the Symbolics compiler have been traced
to this feature.
Most of the efficiency problems are not due to this feature, so perhaps
this sentence should simply be deleted. The proposal could use
Make it illegal for a macro call to expand into a DECLARE form and be
recognized as such.
Strictly speaking there is no such thing as a DECLARE form, since a list
whose car is the symbol DECLARE is an error to evaluate. CLtL p.153
uses the term "declaration" for this, although I admit it also says
"declare form" in one place. Anyway I'd feel more comfortable if we
said "declaration" here.
I favor DECLARE-MACROS:FLUSH.