[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Issue: FUNCTION-TYPE-REST-LIST-ELEMENT
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Issue: FUNCTION-TYPE-REST-LIST-ELEMENT
- From: Masinter.pa@Xerox.COM
- Date: 30 Nov 87 15:29 PST
- Cc: cl-cleanup@Sail.stanford.edu
Charniak, Riesbeck, McDermott and Meehan's "Artificial Intelligence Programming"
"Also as recommended in Steele, if &REST is given in a FUNCTION type form, the
type that follows &REST refers to the type of each argument that &REST collects,
not to the type of the &REST variable (which is always a list). The definition
of + might begin
(DEFUN + (&REST NUMBERS) ...)
Its type is
(FUNCTION (&REST NUMBER) NUMBER)."
Unfortunately, I've never found the place in CLtL where such a recommendation is