Issue: FORMAT-COLON-UPARROW-SCOPE

   Date: Tue, 1 Dec 87 11:25 EST
   From: Kent M Pitman <KMP@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>
   I think the remark about aesthetics not counting at all in FORMAT is cute
   but not strictly true. But since I don't have anything more consequential
   to write there, I'll suggest the following compromise presentation which
   (for the sake of casual readers and future historians) makes it more clear
   that we're being flippant -- or at least less clear that we're being
   serious...

    Aesthetics:

    ``Absolutely none.  We're talking about FORMAT here.'' -- Guy L. Steele, Jr.

I would accept this friendly amendment.
--Guy