whether random objects self-evaluate (was cleaup issues from Japan)

Will,

It would be easy enough to say that most objects are self-evaluating,
but that function objects (strict definition) signal an error if you
evaluate them.  Then again, it would be nice to avoid making odd
exceptions of this kind -- I've heard tell that some people think Common
Lisp already is something of a kludge.  I wonder if the problem you cite
is as likely to occur in Common Lisp as it is in Scheme.  I've never
seen this in my own coding, but that might be because I am terribly
conservative in my use of backquotery.  What do others think?

-- Scott