cleanup status

re: If we don't say this to the community, who can?

The validation committee.

There seem to be two choices here:
 -- restrict information as to how the cleanup is going, as a means of
    exerting authority over the vendors (whom you say you don't trust).
 -- disseminate information so that cooperative vendors, who are continuing
    their individual development plans anyway, can act accordingly.
Scott and I favor the latter approach; and I'd just as soon leave the
policing of vendors up to another authority [maybe even the marketplace?].

I suggest you take your concerns to the validation committee.  Maybe that
will resurrect it from it's current death-like status.

-- JonL --