Re: Issue: FUNCTION-CALL-EVALUATION-ORDER (version 1)

Dave says: ``[CLtL] also does not say in what order the argument expressions are
evaluated! Shouldn't we deal with that first, or at the same time?''

The closest thing I could find in CLtL to a statement about argument evaluation
order is the statement in the description of LET that the bound expressions are
evaluated in order.  Since a number of implementations (including Lucid)
macro-expand LET into a called LAMBDA, they are clearly depending upon this
behavior.

While I would prefer, as a compiler writer and language designer, to leave the
order of argument evaluation unspecified, as in Scheme, I fear that so many user
programs critically depend upon the status quo (assumed always to be
left-to-right) that we can do nothing but reaffirm that officially.

	Pavel