Issue: WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING-APPEND-STYLE (Version 4)

    Date: Mon, 23 May 88 22:02:19 PDT
    From: Jon L White <edsel!jonl@labrea.stanford.edu>
    Subject: Issue: WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING-APPEND-STYLE (Version 4)
    Proposal (WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING-APPEND-STYLE:VECTOR-PUSH-EXTEND):

    Change the documentation of WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING to be like that under
    FORMAT.  That is, replace the first sentence of the next-to-last paragraph
    on CLtL p331 by:
      "If *string* is specified, it must be a string with a fill pointer;
       the output is incrementally appended to the string (as if by use of
       VECTOR-PUSH-EXTEND)."

Maybe I'm just confused, but aren't the fill-pointer and adjustable features
orthogonal? It's my belief that you can create a non-adjustable array with a
fill-pointer. Don't you want to say that it must be an adjustable array rather
than (or perhaps in addition to) that it must be a fill pointer?

Aside from this (real or perceived) confusion over the wording, I have no
objection to this proposal.