[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING-APPEND-STYLE (Version 4)
- To: KMP@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com
- Subject: Issue: WITH-OUTPUT-TO-STRING-APPEND-STYLE (Version 4)
- From: Jon L White <email@example.com>
- Date: Sat, 28 May 88 17:29:34 PDT
- Cc: Cl-Cleanup@sail.stanford.edu
- In-reply-to: Kent M Pitman's message of Sat, 28 May 88 13:13 EDT <880528131327.2.KMP@PEWEE.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: Don't you want to say that it must be an adjustable array rather
than (or perhaps in addition to) that it must be a fill pointer?
No. It's perfectly acceptable to use VECTOR-PUSH-EXTEND with a non-adjustable
array. It's the error-signalling property of VECTOR-PUSH-EXTEND, as opposed
to the "dropping on the floor" of VECTOR-PUSH, that motivated this proposal.
-- JonL --