Issue: CONTAGION-ON-NUMERICAL-COMPARISONS

This proposal accurately reflects the state of Lucid Common Lisp,
Release 3.0; previous releases implemented CLtL.

Incidentally, I know we thrashed this issue out on Common-Lisp@SU-AI
some months ago; and I remember initiating the discussion with a query
msg to find out how other people felt about the issue.  However your
"References" field shows only the very cryptic:
	    <8807200836.AA02976@bhopal.lucid.com>,
            <19880719152249.9.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>,
            <19880719213809.1.GREENWALD@SWALLOW.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>,
            <870402170955.6.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
I've noticed that this kind of encryption always occurs whe Symbolics
folks try to reference prior mail; it must be some kind of "feature"
in the Symbolics mailer?

Could you possibly restore something more like the original dateline;
on these references, with at least (1) which mailing list to which
the msg was sent, (2) the "From" name, and (3) a readily understandable
date format [e.g. Wed, 14 Sep 88 16:27 EDT].  Thanks.

-- JonL --