Re: Issue: DOTTED-MACRO-FORMS (Version 1)

    Date: 14 Sep 88 22:00 PDT
    From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM

    ... I am in favor of DOTTED-MACRO-FORMS:ALLOW, with an addendum that
    a comment be added to the standard where appropriate which says that
    such usage, while allowed, is not good progamming practice and should
    be discouraged.

Then why not just make it "an error" (per EXPLICITLY-VAGUE) and let
implementors phase it out over a period of time they feel is comfortable?

I'm generally not a fan of saying things are "legal but discouraged",
and especially I don't want to get into a lot of that in a standard we
want to hang around for a while.