Issue: TEST-NOT-IF-NOT (Version 1)

re: ... [aesthetics] and that consideration changed my opposition to this
    proposal from vehement to mild.  The only reason I'm opposed now is
    that I'm opposed on principle to incompatible changes in mature languages.

My feelings exactly; except that I'd favor "incompatible changes in
mature languages" where there is a clear flaw in some feature that
has a reasonable probability of adversely impacting at least a few users.
To me, the :TEST/:TEST-NOT problem is stylistic rather than fundamental.

-- JonL --