[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Issue: TEST-NOT-IF-NOT (Version 1)
- To: Moon@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM
- Subject: Issue: TEST-NOT-IF-NOT (Version 1)
- From: Jon L White <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 5 Oct 88 15:08:10 PDT
- Cc: KMP@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.Symbolics.COM, CL-Cleanup@SAIL.Stanford.EDU
- In-reply-to: David A. Moon's message of Mon, 3 Oct 88 22:30 EDT <19881004023059.3.MOON@EUPHRATES.SCRC.Symbolics.COM>
re: ... [aesthetics] and that consideration changed my opposition to this
proposal from vehement to mild. The only reason I'm opposed now is
that I'm opposed on principle to incompatible changes in mature languages.
My feelings exactly; except that I'd favor "incompatible changes in
mature languages" where there is a clear flaw in some feature that
has a reasonable probability of adversely impacting at least a few users.
To me, the :TEST/:TEST-NOT problem is stylistic rather than fundamental.
-- JonL --