Issue: MAKE-PACKAGE-USE-DEFAULT (version 2)

MAKE-PACKAGE-USE-DEFAULT:IMPLEMENTATION-DEPENDENT is okay with me.
I think it might be better to strengthen it and say that the
default for :USE is identical to the use list of the USER package.
Does anyone agree?

be a portable way to get the local extensions, or a portable way to
get the portable language without the extensions.  I think either of
those choices is portable and reasonable, it just depends on what you
want to make easier, which probably depends on whether a package is
being set up for use only by a predefined program or for use by user
typein and/or user-written programs, either of which are likely to
expect the local extensions.

Hence I would also accept a proposal to make the default for :USE
continue to be the LISP package, rather than incompatibly changing it,
and add a portable name for the local extensions.