Issue: STANDARD-VALUE (Version 1)

Lucid does something like this -- for those interested, you can look at
lucid::*debugger-bindings* to get a flavor for what sorts of things are
re-bound, and to what kind of values they would be bound to.  Typically,
when the debugger exits, it notices if some value on this list has been
changed by the user, and asks whether you want to keep the changed
value, or to restore the "re-bound" value.

Although most implementations must be doing some very similar things,
I just don't feel this issue is worth trying to standardize now.  There
could be a lot of work involved in reaching a consensus, and I'd much
prefer to see that time spent on already open issues.  January '89 is
"real close" now.

-- JonL --