Re: Issue: DEFSTRUCT-ACCESS-FUNCTIONS (Version 1)

    Date: 10 Nov 88 15:55 PST
    From: masinter.pa@Xerox.COM

    I don't see what the problem is. Why is "It is left up to the
    implementation whether or not the DEFSTRUCT access
     function is declared inline." a problem at all?

I didn't raise this issue -- Kathy did. I'm not sure where she got it.

But since I happen to have endorsed it, I'll say why I did:

To keep people from having to write:

 (PROCLAIM '(INLINE FOO-A FOO-B FOO-C))
 (DEFSTRUCT FOO A B C)

I've seen this in portable code a number of times and it always turns my stomach.