Re: [David A. Moon: Issue: HASH-TABLE-PACKAGE-GENERATORS (version 5)]

    Date: Mon, 5 Dec 88 17:42:39 PST
    From: cperdue@Sun.COM (Cris Perdue)

    Jeff Peck has forwarded me a copy of this proposal.  (I had seen an
    earlier versions.)  I have one comment at this point:

    Why not define <next-fn> as a local function as if defined by
    FLET rather than a macro as if defined by MACROLET?  It seems
    to me that a local function is more useful

I wanted to allow it to be a local function, but JonL convinced
me that a macro gave more scope to the implememtation to optimize
without losing anything essential in these circumstances.  I think
JonL was right.

    , and that it is not
    possible to prevent the user from defining a local function,
    so no problems are avoided.

I don't understand this part of your comment.