Issue: TAILP-NIL (Version 4)

re: This gives me a reason for wanting to disallow non-lists as the first
    argument to TAILP -- that it would have to use EQL to be consistent.

Yea, it seems like we're beginning to over-generalize TAILP.  Who uses
this blasted thing anyway?  I think I'd MUCH rather support a proposal
to throw it out of the language, on the basis that:
   (1) the "test" questions is at least as complex as for defining
       EQUAL -- and we never did come to agreement about that;
   (2) since almost nobody uses it (??), it's moot anyway.

-- JonL --