Issue: PATHNAME-SUBDIRECTORY-LIST (Version 3)

>>    Is this really something we need, or will TRUENAME do the job?

If you're trying to create a filename to be used for output, it might
not exist yet (hence TRUENAME would signal an error), but there might
be various funny links in its directory path you would like to
traverse.  Presumably you could use PROBE-FILE on some part of the
name (perhaps recursively down through the super-directories), then
merge in the remaining part, but that seems enough error-prone to be
worth hiding.

BTW, I think the labelling of semantic/syntactix examples was reversed
in the proposal, independantly of :UP vs. :BACK.

  jlm