Issue: DECLARE-TYPE-FREE (Version 9)

My strong preference is for LEXICAL. The ALLOW proposal (which is the
only option offered in v8, which is on the ballot) doesn't sit well
with me, and I wouldn't have been inclined vote yes on it.

Btw, both versions 8 and 9 have the non-preemptive problem that the
only examples they provide illustrate what happens in the screw
cases. This might lead some people to think that this whole issue
is kind of random. I think there should be a few examples of the
"normal use" (such as the un-filled-out examples in the problem
description). It's probably worth fixing this before the meeting
so that people doing last-minute aren't bogged down trying to decipher
the proposal by working backward from the strange examples currently
in the proposal.