Ballot

This is the official ballot for Sun Microsystems.  I very much hope
that issues receiving significant opposition will be split out
 from the block vote even if there is not a majority against.

Vote    | Proposal
Y	| ARGUMENTS-UNDERSPECIFIED:SPECIFY

Y	| ARRAY-TYPE-ELEMENT-TYPE-SEMANTICS:UNIFY-UPGRADING

Y	| CLOSED-STREAM-OPERATIONS:ALLOW-INQUIRY

Y	| CONTAGION-ON-NUMERICAL-COMPARISONS:TRANSITIVE

	| DECLARATION-SCOPE:NO-HOISTING
If cases hoisted by 2nd alternatives are treated as errors and
limited-hoisting fails.
Y	| DECLARATION-SCOPE:LIMITED-HOISTING

Y	| DECLARE-FUNCTION-AMBIGUITY:DELETE-FTYPE-ABBREVIATION

Y	| DECLARE-TYPE-FREE:ALLOW

Y	| DECODE-UNIVERSAL-TIME-DAYLIGHT:LIKE-ENCODE

	| DEFPACKAGE:ADDITION
If we allow time for more experimental usage of this before adopting it.

	| DEFSTRUCT-CONSTRUCTOR-KEY-MIXTURE:ALLOW-KEY
If the proposal is fixed as suggested by Kim Barrett.

Y	| DEFSTRUCT-PRINT-FUNCTION-INHERITANCE:YES

Y	| DEFSTRUCT-SLOTS-CONSTRAINTS-NAME:DUPLICATES-ERROR

N	| DESCRIBE-INTERACTIVE:EXPLICITLY-VAGUE
Y	| DESCRIBE-INTERACTIVE:NO

Y	| DOTTED-MACRO-FORMS:ALLOW

Y	| EQUAL-STRUCTURE:STATUS-QUO

N	| EXIT-EXTENT:MINIMAL
Y	| EXIT-EXTENT:MEDIUM

Y	| EXPT-RATIO:P.211

N	| FIXNUM-NON-PORTABLE:TIGHTEN-DEFINITION
This doesn't really do much for anyone and I believe it will break
some implementations.  For portability use subranges of integer rather
than FIXNUM in declarations.
N	| FIXNUM-NON-PORTABLE:TIGHTEN-FIXNUM-TOSS-BIGNUM

Y	| FORMAT-E-EXPONENT-SIGN:FORCE-SIGN

Y	| FORMAT-PRETTY-PRINT:YES

N	| FUNCTION-COMPOSITION:NEW-FUNCTIONS
	| FUNCTION-COMPOSITION:COMPLEMENT-AND-ALWAYS
If a name better than "ALWAYS" can be found, or if only COMPLEMENT
were in the proposal.

Y	| FUNCTION-DEFINITION:FUNCTION-SOURCE

Y	| FUNCTION-TYPE-ARGUMENT-TYPE-SEMANTICS:RESTRICTIVE

Y	| FUNCTION-TYPE-REST-LIST-ELEMENT:USE-ACTUAL-ARGUMENT-TYPE

Y	| GET-MACRO-CHARACTER-READTABLE:NIL-STANDARD

Y	| HASH-TABLE-PACKAGE-GENERATORS:ADD-WITH-WRAPPER

N	| HASH-TABLE-STABILITY:KEY-TRANSFORM-RESTRICTIONS
The problem statement hasn't yet compelled me to favor this.

Y	| HASH-TABLE-TESTS:ADD-EQUALP

	| IN-PACKAGE-FUNCTIONALITY:SELECT-ONLY
If we allow time for more experimental use of DEFPACKAGE before
adopting this.

N	| LAMBDA-FORM:NEW-MACRO
Confusing to users.

Y	| LCM-NO-ARGUMENTS:1

N	| LISP-SYMBOL-REDEFINITION:DISALLOW
This appears to disallow too much.

N	| MAKE-PACKAGE-USE-DEFAULT:IMPLEMENTATION-DEPENDENT

Y	| MAPPING-DESTRUCTIVE-INTERACTION:EXPLICITLY-VAGUE

Y	| NTH-VALUE:ADD

Y	| PACKAGE-CLUTTER:REDUCE

A	| PACKAGE-DELETION:NEW-FUNCTION

N	| PATHNAME-TYPE-UNSPECIFIC:NEW-TOKEN
No Unix convention I know of requires this new concept.  Perhaps a
couple of good examples would convince me.

Y	| PEEK-CHAR-READ-CHAR-ECHO:FIRST-READ-CHAR

Y	| PRINT-CIRCLE-STRUCTURE:USER-FUNCTIONS-WORK

N	| PROCLAIM-LEXICAL:LG
I don't believe in the reality of a separate "dynamic" environment,
don't believe it makes sense to support rapid access to
Globals on stock hardware, and don't understand what Scheme practices
don't work in Common Lisp.  Perhaps I can be dissuaded about some or
all of these opinions.

Y	| RANGE-OF-COUNT-KEYWORD:NIL-OR-INTEGER

Y	| RANGE-OF-START-AND-END-PARAMETERS:INTEGER-AND-INTEGER-NIL

N	| REQUIRE-PATHNAME-DEFAULTS:ELIMINATE
Deprecate instead.  Do not remove from the Lisp package.

N	| REST-LIST-ALLOCATION:NEWLY-ALLOCATED
Y	| REST-LIST-ALLOCATION:MAY-SHARE
N	| REST-LIST-ALLOCATION:MUST-SHARE

Y	| RETURN-VALUES-UNSPECIFIED:SPECIFY

N	| ROOM-DEFAULT-ARGUMENT:NEW-VALUE

	| SETF-FUNCTION-VS-MACRO:SETF-FUNCTIONS
If SETF-PLACES:ADD-SETF-FUNCTIONS is deemed unsatisfactory by X3J13.
Y	| SETF-PLACES:ADD-SETF-FUNCTIONS

N	| SETF-SUB-METHODS:DELAYED-ACCESS-STORES
This does not seem to be the "right" choice of semantics, and I
believe that the presentation of the proposal needs substantial work
even if it is "right".

Y	| STANDARD-INPUT-INITIAL-BINDING:DEFINED-CONTRACTS

Y	| STEP-ENVIRONMENT:CURRENT

Y	| STREAM-ACCESS:ADD-TYPES-PREDICATES-ACCESSORS

Y	| STREAM-INFO:ONE-DIMENSIONAL-FUNCTIONS
but the language needs some way of controlling whether this
information is to be collected or not, for the benefit of
implementations that support this.

Y	| SUBTYPEP-TOO-VAGUE:CLARIFY

Y	| SYMBOL-MACROLET-DECLARE:ALLOW

Y	| SYMBOL-MACROLET-SEMANTICS:SPECIAL-FORM

Y	| TAGBODY-CONTENTS:FORBID-EXTENSION

A	| TAILP-NIL:T

N	| TEST-NOT-IF-NOT:FLUSH-ALL
Perhaps deprecate these instead.  They need to remain in the LISP
package.  The functionality of REMOVE-IF-NOT is needed, perhaps use
the name KEEP-IF.
Y	| TEST-NOT-IF-NOT:FLUSH-TEST-NOT

	| TYPE-OF-UNDERCONSTRAINED:ADD-CONSTRAINTS
If the language in paragraph (a) is made clear.  I can't tell which
"quantifiers" are intended or over what scope in the presentation.

Y	| UNREAD-CHAR-AFTER-PEEK-CHAR:DONT-ALLOW

Y	| VARIABLE-LIST-ASYMMETRY:SYMMETRIZE