Issue: DEFMACRO-LAMBDA-LIST (Version 1)

I agree with most of DEFMACRO-LAMBDA-LIST:TIGHTEN-DESCRIPTION,
except I think that part 1b is a mistake.  &WHOLE should be
allowed at all levels.  The interesting case is

     (DEFMACRO DM1B (A (&WHOLE B C &OPTIONAL D) E) ...)

which allows simultaneous access to the THIRD of the whole
form and to the destructuring of that list into C and D.
I don't know what this would be used for exactly, but there
is no cogent reason to forbid it.  Contrary to what you say
in the rationale, it does not work to substitute &REST for
&WHOLE here.

Also the example on p.150 uses &WHOLE in a non-top-level
position, so you would be making a definitely incompatible
change if you forbade that.