Issue: PRETTY-PRINT-INTERFACE (Version 1)

If you're thinking about making a new version, I intend to comment on
this, but it's so huge that it's taking a long time.  A very brief
summary of some of my likely comments is: I'm in favor of the general
idea of defining a standard pretty printer, but there are some problems
in the details of this proposal; part of this seems to resemble CLOS,
but is gratuitously(?) different; there doesn't seem to be any
concession to variable-width fonts, although I didn't find an explicit
statement of what units indentation and width are measured in; I wish to
God that Dick Waters hated FORMAT, because the grotesque FORMAT-based
syntax is going to make this a lot harder to pass.