Re: Issue: PATHNAME-WILD (version 5)

I don't have any big objection to the functionality being proposed here,
but again it's something I've never needed myself so I'm not real
motivated about adding it to the language.

I don't understand what all the arguments to TRANSLATE-PATHNAME are
for.  I guess that this function is intended to be a merging operation
that fills in wildcard components in one pathname with matching
components from another pathname, but I don't understand why you need
to pass in two wildcard pathnames instead of one, or what
reversibility really implies.  I got kind of lost reading the
description of this function -- isn't there a more concise way to
state what is going on?

-Sandra
-------