Re: issue SAFE-CODE, version 1

I believe that the basis for this proposal is well justified and I support
the intent of what is being defined. I'm not 100% for the naming though.
Anyhow, I have seen these type of problems come up before in implementations
of C and FORTRAN, where it was unclear what the default values were for
OPTIMIZE and DEBUG are and so I agree that some known universal default
should be specified, though perhaps by a name besides SAFE-CODE.

    Jeff Rosenking