[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: CONSTANT-COMPILABLE-TYPES:SPECIFY, V4
- To: cperdue@Sun.COM (Cris Perdue)
- Subject: Re: CONSTANT-COMPILABLE-TYPES:SPECIFY, V4
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sandra J Loosemore)
- Date: Wed, 21 Dec 88 09:15:18 MST
- Cc: cl-compiler%clam@Sun.COM
- In-reply-to: cperdue@Sun.COM (Cris Perdue), Tue, 20 Dec 88 17:05:48 PST
On the whole, it looks reasonable. I think I would like to make a few
minor editorial tweaks here and there (clarifying that this proposal
applies to self-evaluating constants as well as quoted constants, adding
cross-references to the related issues, etc.) before sending this out to
the X3J13 mailing list.
I have only two minor complaints with the content of the proposal.
The first is that dumping a constant readtable is unlikely to be very
useful in an implementation that cannot dump compiled function
constants. The second is that I'm still not convinced that requiring
non-compiled, non-closed function constants to be dumpable buys
anything for the user, since an implementation is always free to make
all functions compiled. Rather than modify the proposal, at this point
I'd be happy with just adding a note to the discussion section.