Re: non-top-level DEFUN

Well, I did specifically ask about things like this for the current
practice section of the proposal....  As far as I know, there probably
isn't any implementation that is strictly in compliance with the
proposal. Some are just more broken than others -- I've heard that in
Symbolics CL DEFUN will refuse to create a closure at all, for example,
and in KCL the compiler expands a DEFUN at top level into something
completely different than a DEFUN anywhere else.  So yes, I expect
implementors are going to have to make some changes to support this, but
there's no such thing as a free lunch.

-Sandra
-------