[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: non-top-level DEFUN
- To: "cl-compiler" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: non-top-level DEFUN
- From: "AITG::VANROGGEN" <email@example.com>
- Date: 21 Jun 88 09:15:00 EDT
- Cc: vanroggen
- Reply-to: "AITG::VANROGGEN" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
VAX LISP has the same restriction, for the same reason. However,
the restriction isn't a necessary one, if one is willing to compile
references to free variables with a call to a function to find the
right binding in either the interpreted environment or the compiled
environment as necessary.
This implementation "workaround" would also require the compiler to leave
behind enough information so the interpreter could look up bindings in
the compiled environment.