Re: Handling of #, (load-time-eval)

>    It seems appropriate to me that if QUOTEd constants are permitted to
>    be read-only, values produced by #, would also be permitted to be
>    read-only.  In other words, it would be an error to attempt to modify them.
>
> I think it is not only reasonable but necessary to require that a #,
> expression may only appear as a quoted object or inside a quoted
> object.  This is almost the same as saying that #, may not be used
> anywhere it could potentially be evaluated, or inside a declaration.

Steve, I missed the connection between my comment and your comment here.
Also I'm not sure what you mean about #, not being useable anywhere it
could potentially be evaluated, or inside a declaration.  I see no
reason not to allow code such as (eval '#,(what-to-eval)) if we are
to allow #, at all.

When I talk about permitting #, or its magic cookie *only inside
quoted expressions*, I mean that this situation would be required
to exist after all macro expansion.