[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Handling of #, (load-time-eval)
- To: franz!sail.stanford.edu!cl-compiler
- Subject: Handling of #, (load-time-eval)
- From: franz!feast!smh@ucbarpa.Berkeley.EDU (Steven M. Haflich)
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 88 02:51:44 EDT
- In-reply-to: Sandra J Loosemore's message of Wed, 6 Jul 88 17:39:01 MDT <8807062339.AA20085@cdr.utah.edu>
From: franz!ucbarpa!cs.utah.edu!sandra%cdr (Sandra J Loosemore)
I interpret your reply to mean that you would support some variant of
the quoted magic token proposal, right?
Yes, but failing that I would also accept dropping it from the
language entirely if no magic cookie proposal appears sufficiently
clean. My rational for wanting to make at least a sincere effort to
salvage it is that no one feels *very* strongly either way about
dropping it, but if it can be defined cleanly, it is a useful (if not
essential) tool for some purposes.